GrubHub is one of the few online delivery services that allows you to pay with cash. That's just one of the reasons it's such a versatile and attractive option. If you're worried about entering your credit card information into an online application, don't worry because some Grubhub restaurants offer the cash option. It is scarce, but it still exists. It takes patience and time to use this trial and error method, but it might be worth it. Maybe check ahead of time to find out who accepts cash through Grubhub for future use.
Use:Not all restaurants accept cash payments through Grubhub and one may not be available in your area. You should try each one to see if cash is an option during checkout. However, once you know which ones accept cash, you can use them repeatedly.
This article explains the entire checkout process on GrubHub and how you can pay with both cash and other payment methods.
Setting up a GrubHub account
To order and pay cash on GrubHub, you need an account. For registered users, please continue to the next section of the article. For those who haven't signed up for GrubHub, keep reading.
- start itGrubHub websiteor the dedicatedGrubhub-AndroidoGrubHub iOSApp to set up an account, then select theRecordPossibility.
- Decidecreat your accountat the bottom of the screen.
- You can enter your credentials (name, email and password) or sign up using Google or Facebook.
- Choosecreat your accountagain when you fill in all the required information.
How to pay cash on GrubHub
Cash is one of the many payment options available on GrubHub, which is a nice feature that some food delivery services don't offer. Keep in mind that not all restaurants accept cash on Grubhub, and there may not be one in your area that does.
- start itGrubHubApp on iOS or Android, or visit the website in a browser.
- Sign in to your account on the website or app.
- For the Android or iOS app, enter or use the appropriate address informationgoogle location. In browsers you can use your zip code or address. The zip code only shows local restaurants. The address lists more options, but that also includes distant locations.
- Select the correct address from the popup list.
- When the restaurant list appears, use to adjust if necessarysort byoFilterPossibility. You can even enter a term, e.g.PizzaoDeputiessoysearch bar.Pay attention to the locations as some can be more than half an hour away. Also, make sure they offer the option you need (delivery or pickup).
- After you have selected a restaurant, its menu opens. Find the foods you like and select the available options.
- When you have finished making settings, clickAdd to cart: $$$(at the bottom) to add it to the shopping cart.
- The menu reappears. Select additional menu items and customize them too. When you're done, tap or clicksee orderto review all items.
- To remove or change an item, hold your finger on it if you're using the mobile app, or click it if you're using the website, then selectTo editoextinguishof the options that appear.
- When you have completed your order, tapTo reviewon the website or on the iPhone/Android mobile app.
- Confirm your prefillEnter your name and enter your phone number when prompted. Then click or tap Proceed to address.
- Confirm your address, then select "Review & Order" on the website or "Review Order" on the iOS/Android app.
- On the order summary screen, confirm all information displayed, including name, address, order, etc. Scroll up to see more.
- Soypaysection of the order summary screen, click or tapdropdown symbolto change the payment method.
- ChooseBox,When available. If you don't see a cash payment option in the dropdown list in the Payment section, please select a different payment method or cancel the order.
- For cash payments, please confirm that it is stored inyour paymentSection, and then selectEnter your delivery order: $$$in the mobile app orPlace your orderon the website. The availability of the bar option is determined by the restaurant.
If the cash payment option is available, you'll see it on the screen. As mentioned, this does not guarantee that the restaurant you are ordering from will accept cash payments. The restaurant probably doesn't allow cash through Grubhub. However, you can enter a prepaid Visa card or similar card and use it as a payment option.
Why don't most restaurants accept cash?
While some places still accept cash through GrubHub, most don't. The reason for this decision is quite simple. Paying with money complicates things. The GrubHub courier will have to take the cash from you and give it to the restaurant.
This increases mileage, takes longer to travel, and gives the restaurant no guarantee that you or the delivery person will pay. It makes sense that most restaurants would not agree to this, even if it is more convenient for the customer.
As mentioned, GrubHub is one of the few delivery services that accepts cash payments. Most of the competition stands out (Instacart, Postmates, Uber Eats, DoorDash and many others).
GrubHub also accepts many other payment options, including credit and debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, eGift, and Android Pay. This is a great alternative if the particular restaurant you're ordering from doesn't accept cash.
You can always tip in cash
The good news is that you can always give cash to your GrubHub messenger. These folks work primarily for tips and will appreciate anything that comes their way. So try to leave a generous tip if you are satisfied with the service.
You can tip via the GrubHub app if you want, but that doesn't make much sense if you're paying for the order with cash. However, tipping is your personal choice, so we leave it up to you.
In conclusion, some people try to deny the simple fact that cash still comes first. Sure, we now have bitcoin and many other modern payment methods, but nothing could replace paper bills. The only thing better than cash is gold because its value is permanent.
But let's not get carried away. Is there any reason you want to keep the cash? Do you find it more convenient? Do all online delivery services have to accept money? Feel free to discuss this and other related topics in the comments section below.
Grubhub Cash FAQ
How can I find out which restaurants accept cash on Grubhub?
Unfortunately, GrubHub doesn't make it easy to see what payment methods the company accepts. The only official option is to load your cart and see what payment methods are displayed. But you can also check the reviews. Although checking your bag will probably be faster, you may see something indicating the payment option.
I don't see an option to pay cash on Grubhub; Why not?
If the cash option is not listed, the restaurant does not offer the option. You can of course also call the restaurant directly and see if they offer delivery where you can pay cash. Today, the cash option is quite a risk for small businesses and grubhub drivers.
Why can't the delivery person pay the restaurant and I can pay the delivery person back?
Aside from the fact that this puts the delivery person at risk of paying for someone else's order, it also forces them to carry cash, which may not be safe either. Grubhub's official policy states that no driver can pay for a customer's order, and if he does, he certainly won't be refunded.