Made from just 3 ingredients, theseEasy Air Fryer Tortilla Chipsthey are effortless and healthy. Flavored with various spices, they can be dipped in your favorite sauces and dressings.
Table of contents
- what will you need
- spice ideas
- How to make Air Fryer tortilla chips
- Tips for Success
- Why are my Air Fryer tortilla chips chewy?
- serving suggestions
- How Long Do Homemade Tortilla Chips Last?
- Tortilla chips from the air fryer
Easy and healthy tortilla chips
If these Airfryer tortilla chips only need 3 ingredients, why bother buying them at the store again? Plus, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle by making them in the deep fryer, one of my favorite kitchen appliances. These tortilla chips are practically effortless from start to finish.
These crispy little triangles are ready in under 15 minutes and can be as simple or savory as you like. You don't even have to have Mexican food with you! With your favorite spices, you can turn them into a Tex-Mex or Mediterranean side dish in seconds.
As long as you keep an eye on the fryer, these tortilla chips are practically failsafe. Since you don't have to fry them, they're also pretty healthy. After you've eaten a bite, you'll never go back to a store-bought product.
what will you need
With only 3 ingredients, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this recipe. See the recipe card at the end of the post for full ingredient amounts.
- More-Tortillas -Do not substitute flour tortillas for them.
- Kochspray -Avocado, vegetable, or olive oil is fine. Don't use buttery cooking sprays or non-stick cooking sprays.
Here are some of my favorite ways to spice up those air fryer tortilla chips:
- Make them sharp.Sprinkle 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder over the tortillas to warm them up a bit. If you're extra sure about how much to ingest, substitute ground chili de arbol instead.
- Make them with garlic.Mix together 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder to add a touch of garlic to your tortilla chips.
- Make them Mediterranean.Combine 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon paprika powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme to create a delicious Mediterranean spice blend.
- There are Tex-Mex roosters.Mix together 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder, and 1/8 teaspoon dried cumin for a Tex Spice blend.
How to make Air Fryer tortilla chips
Once you learn how to do it, they're pretty much failsafe.
- Prepare the fryer.Preheat fryer to 375 F.
- Cut the tortillas.Using a sharp knife, carefully cut each tortilla into 6-8 equal triangles. You can also tear them up with your hands as long as you make sure they're about the same size.
- fix them.Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on the bottom of the fry basket. Don't overlap them.
- Add the oil.Spray them on both sides with cooking oil and then add the salt. If you use any spices or condiments to flavor your tortilla chips, now is the time to add them.
- Air fry them.Boil them for 2 minutes and then turn them over. Drizzle with more cooking oil and cook for another 2 minutes. Check them again and remove them from the fryer when they reach the desired crispiness. If not, cook them an additional 2 minutes at a time until done to your liking.
- Meet.Carefully remove them from the fryer and let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Success
These tips will help you make the crispiest, tastiest air fryer tortilla chips while reducing waste in your kitchen:
- season them.Add some garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika powder, or any of your favorite spices for a more flavorful bite.
- loss of wakefulness.Sometimes walking away is easy, but I suggest keeping a close eye on them to avoid burning them, as burnt tortilla chips are very bitter.
- Use chilled tortillas.Fresh corn tortillas are very soft, which means they take longer to crisp up. For this recipe, it's best to use tortillas that have been in the fridge and are a bit dry.
- Freeze leftovers.If using tortilla chips, save any leftovers/leftovers and store in a freezer safe bag. This way you can reduce waste, and if you collect enough, you can use them to make tortilla chips.
Why are my Air Fryer tortilla chips chewy?
If your tortilla chips are still chewy, that means they're not done cooking. Leave them in the fryer for an additional 20 seconds and up to 1-2 minutes or until golden and crispy. You can also give them an extra light drizzle of cooking oil to speed up the process.
use this to makeChilaquilenor serve them withchilled beansjGuacamole. You can even make delicious nachos with lots of ground beef, melted cheese,Pico de Gallo, beans, salsa and shredded lettuce.
You can also dip them in your favorite sauces and sauces like mineAvocado-Sauce,Tomatillo-Avocado-Salsa,Caviar tejano, jCrockpot Jalapeno-Mais-Dip.
How Long Do Homemade Tortilla Chips Last?
Stored in an airtight container away from heat and moisture, these Air Fryer tortilla chips will last up to 10 days. If they lose some of their crispiness, you can pop them in the fryer at 350F for 15-30 seconds until they're nice and crispy again.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Hot air fryer with coconut shrimp
- London Broil Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Oreo air fryer
- air fryers
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Yield: 2-4 servings
Tortilla chips from the air fryer
Ready in under 15 minutes, these crispy 3-ingredient Airfryer tortilla chips will convince you that homemade is always better.
preparation time5 minutes
time to cook8 minutes
total time13 minutes
- 6 Food Tortilla
- Cooking spray (avocado or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- Cut the corn tortillas into triangles. Depending on the size of your tortilla, you should cut it into 6 to 8 triangles. (Cut it like a pizza!)
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Spray tortillas on both sides with cooking spray and season with salt. Arrange the tortillas in as even a layer as possible in the fry basket. If your air fryer is smaller, I recommend working in batches.
- Air fry at 375°F for 2 minutes. Open the fryer, turn the tortillas, drizzle with a little more oil and fry for another 2 minutes. Continue stirring and fry the fries in 2 minute intervals until desired crispness is achieved.
- Remove from the fryer and serve as desired!
- The thinner your tortillas are, the thinner your tortilla chips will be.
- Storage: Stored in an airtight container away from heat and moisture, these air fryer tortilla chips will last up to 10 days. If they lose some of their crispiness, you can air fry them at 350°F for 15-30 seconds until nice and crispy again.
Amount per share:Calories:147Total Fat:6gSaturated Fatty Acids:1gTransfette:0gUnsaturated Fat:5gCholesterol:0 milligramsSodium:215mgCarbohydrates:21gPhases:3gZucker:0gProtein:3g
- 30 minutes or less
- Deep fryer
- kitchen appliances
- sinning gluten
This post may contain affiliate links. read myconfidentiality policy.
Oreo air fryer
Air fryer donuts
Hot air fryer with coconut shrimp